Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 1 at VBS

Here are the thoughts of Ryan Kepner on the first day of  camp. Sunday is always the hardest day as the team and kids get to know and trust each other. So far this camp is getting off to the same great start. Another Child Foundation is glad to see that God is surely alive!

Hello everyone, Sunday was our first full day at camp.  In the morning we were busy setting everything up, because the kids were getting here just after noon.  We welcomed the kids and they got settled in their rooms, and before I knew it the fun had begun.  My expectations I had in my mind of when the kids arrived, was no where close.  These kids blew me away with there excitement and eagerness to get to know us.  From the first ice breaker game to the last five minutes on the soccer field these kids just smiled and had fun.  As we move on this week, I'm excited to start the bible story and share the love of Jesus with them.  I just have a feeling that they will be teaching me just as much as we teach them.  These kids are just so wonderful, I can't wait for the rest of this week.  God is good.    Ryan

No comments: