Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Building Blocks being Assembled in Romania

Each day is very different from the day before when you are on a mission trip. When relationships are born (or grow) the days have a tendency to be much more impactful for the trip participants as well as the children. This post from Candy Lind shares the transformation of the heart when people dare to serve on a mission trip like this. Another Child Foundation is blessed to be part of these transformational experiences.

Candy creating a pyramid of cups!
In my Sunday School class back home we are studying the 10 Building Blocks of a Solid Family by Jim Burns, and I am seeing just how very important those same concepts apply to these children that we are working with this week.  They long for physical touch.  It is not uncommon for a child, little or big, to walk up to one of us for a great, big hug.  They want to be played with.  It's a challenge for some of us adults (Ryan completely excluded) to let go and be a kid, but once we do, we have made another connection.  They want boundaries.  Some will see just how far the limits are.  Once these limits are established, the kids understand.  Quality time is important.  Each child wants to know that she / he is important.  Although language is a bit of a barrier, there are ways to get past, many times with the help of one of our wonderful translators.

Josie playing Rocket Wars!!!
In addition to trying to make an impact on these children, I know that others have greatly impacted me.  After speaking with one of our young, bold translators, I have learned to refocus my life.  There are things that are not so important, and there are things that are of great importance.  Sharing my faith in Jesus Christ needs to be of utmost importance.  When my life gets back to the normal routine of things, I want people to be sure where I stand, which is firmly on the rock of Jesus. Candy Lind

No comments: